“Sweet and Sparkly” Paper House Luminaries
“Sweet and Sparkly” Paper House Luminaries: Friday- 3pm, Saturday- 4:30pm
Taught by: Cathe Holden
Together we will craft three beautiful, 3-dimensional paper houses to display or suspend as delicate lighted luminaries.
Kit Fee $12.00
• Vintage ephemera-image house templates printed to heavy cold press watercolor paper
• Window acetate
• German glass glitter and mica
• Mod Podge
• 3 Flameless tea light candles
• Clip hardware
• Ribbon and lace for suspending
• Access to hot glue guns
• Paper scissors
• Craft knife
• Paper scoring stylus
• Medium découpage paint brush
• Small cutting mat
• Beacon 3-in-1 Adhesive
• Rhinestone buttons and jewelry pieces. Collect sparkly bits such as those from broken necklace sections, rhinestone strands, earrings, and brooch pieces from your flea market ventures to bring to the workshop (see project image for examples).
• Optional: Additional embellishments you would like to add to your houses and suspension ribbons such as small floral accents, vintage lace and ribbons, ephemera pieces.
• Optional: Needle and off-white thread.